Holman Webb is a dynamic full service law firm providing top tier legal services.
Holman Webb offers specialised tailor made presentations to forums. Email email@example.com to arrange a presentation or a free 2 hour consultation.
TOPICS FOR FORUM
CORPORATE AND COMMERCIAL LAW
· Intellectual Property protection
· The Electronic world at law
· Electronic Contracts
· Cyber Security
· Social Media law
· Privacy Laws
· Debt Recovery and new Privacy Laws
· Contract Law 101
· Directors Duties
· Competition Law
· WHS laws and update
· Discrimination laws update
· Managing ill or injured employees (including non-work related injuries)
· Management of unwell or “naughty employees”
· Managing WHS issues such as incidents, requests for HSRs or work groups
· Managing the engagement and the exit of senior executives
· Update on adverse action cases and avoiding these types of claims
· Managing workers comp claims from an employer’s perspective
· Enterprise bargaining, what are an employer’s obligations following a bargaining notice and in respect to good faith bargaining
· How to manage stress in the workplace
· what I need to know about discrimination in the workplace
· managing underperformance – what are the fundamental rules I need to apply?
· Managing injured workers – what other fundamental rules I need to apply
· I’ve heard of adverse action – but what is it? Do I need to be worried?
· I pay well over the award. So I’m protected from an award claim?
· What is franchising and how it can be used to expand your business or a discussion about different distribution structures including franchising and licensing (what’s the difference?)
· Are you an accidental franchisor?
· The basics of franchising – business growth or business destruction?
· Signing up to a franchise – things to be aware of?
· A franchise by any other name is a franchise – and my risk if I let someone else use my business name?
· What is the difference between franchising and licensing?
· Pricing no no’s - what is price fixing and resale price maintenance
· Third line forcing and other types of exclusive dealing
· Misleading and deceptive conduct Eg advertising
· Protect your brand! (IP –trade marks etc)
CORPORATE COMMERCIAL AND TECHNOLOGY
· How do I protect my IP and confidential information from competitors and disgruntled staff?
· Is an email really is good as a written contract? Doing business electronically
· Social media in the workplace – asset or liability? Policies and procedures and the mitigating effect
· The best way to make people pay their accounts – start with good contracts, continue with follow-up, and how does debt recover in court work?
· Are directors and officers of the company ever personally liable for company debts?
· I have lots of client and industry data. What can I use it for? Can I sell it?
· Resale price maintenance, third line forcing, collusion, anti-competitive behaviour – what do they actually mean?
· Private equity, shareholders, partnerships, alliances, joint ventures, affiliations, trusts – what applies when and why?
WANT TO BOOK? PLEASE CONTACT:
Tal Williams | Corporate, Commercial and Technology Partner at Holman Webb
T: (02) 9390 8331